Thanks John, but I don't think that's it. The letter isn't missing (it's even the right colour!) but the size is wrong. ??????????

Bob

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Quoting designer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Dear wizards,

I am trying to set up a simple generic style sheet for the typography which I'm likely to use most, and am having trouble with getting a :first-letter to work in IE5.5.

Here's a link which describes your problem (and apparently, a solution)

http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer/firstletter.html

Although, since I'm using Firefox, I can't see the problem you describe, except
through the screenshots at the bottom of the page.

Regards,
John