Nathan Rutman wrote:

I understand that HTML certainly can be interpreted on other mediums. You don't think it caters to one medium over another?

Just because the larger percentage of users are able to access it with a GUI, does not make the medium itself and the languages it's based biased towards sighted, mouse-using people. It's a bit like saying IBM PCs are biased towards the Windows operating system. Show me the part of the HTML or XHTML spec that says the languages are primarily meant as a visual markup language...

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com