Title: Message

Not to mention you’re talking IE/Win only which is a dwindling market.

Sounds worse than ActiveX to me J

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott Swabey (Lafinboy Productions)
Sent: 18 July 2005 12:00
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: RE: [WSG] Browser hijacking for usability

Jamie Mason >> I've been thinking about whether it would help to automatically fix these problems by using registry keys, for example.

Ask the question of yourself - if you were instructed by a website to run a file that changed registry settings on your pc, would you do it?

However appealing the idea may sound, and however easy it makes things for your users, messing with the registry is a risky business at the best of times. I would assume that 99.99% of users wouldn't touch it.

Regards

Scott Swabey
General Manager

Lafinboy Productions
:: website design :: website development :: graphic design

e  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
t   +61 (0)415 193 126
w  www.lafinboy.com