On 20 Jul 2005, at 11:55 am, russ - maxdesign wrote:

John,
I built and tested a mini demo a while ago and it had no issues that I
recall. Just checked again now in Mac IE5 and there are no issues - though
it uses ID rather than class:
http://www.maxdesign.com.au/presentation/page-id/index.htm

Russ

For the record, I believe there's a bug in IE5 for Mac which will
cause problems with the

   body class="foo"

method. I've certainly seen some strange background behaviour on a
website where this method was used which only came up in IE5 Mac, but
I haven't got time to test at the moment.

John is referring to this bug in IE Mac
<http://www.macedition.com/cb/ie5macbugs/#whitespace>
which is about the use of multiple classnames with the same substring in their name.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com/>