Hey hey,

Thanks to those who managed to make it to the meeting last Thursday in Sydney. I just want to say it was a lot of fun and thanks for being a great audience.

For those who wanted a copy of the preso, or didn't make the meeting, I've posted a (slighty cleaned up) copy here:
http://webstandardsgroup.org/go/resource581.cfm

If you want to experiment with some AJAX yourself I highly encourage you to steal the JS files from my demo site (http://aviditybytes.com/resources.html), look at the HTML source and have a play in your programming language of choice (it's really easy!). If you want to have a play with Rails you'll also find the full source for the demo site too (you'll need Rails installed).

Below are a couple of links that relate to some questions I was asked after the presentation (and don't forget there's links at the end of the PDF).

If anybody has feedback or questions please feel free to write me.

- tim lucas

Javascript accessibility and JAWs (also, see comment 14 for discussion of JS onload problems)
http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2005/06/you_shouldve_be_1.html

Javascript best practices
http://domscripting.webstandards.org/
http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/articles/goodpractices.php

The difference between 'Ruby' and 'Ruby on Rails'
http://blogs.eng5.com/~mlightner/?p=19

Invoking SOAP via AJAX
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-ajax1/

Installing Rails on Tiger