From: Bruce
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 5:19 PM
Subject: [WSG] Flash and Standards

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been covered someplace, but when actually running into it on a busy schedule...you know the rest.

A simple flash button for audio, from wimpy.
Validator says:
There is no attribute for:
<embed src="">
Nor for:
quality, name, width, height, pluginsPage, and of course "embed" is undefined.
At about this point one has a tendency to throw out webstandards completely or the demo. Several hours of fiddling with this didn't help. Not to blame webstandards for my lack of knowledge, but...sheesh.
Any ideas besides taking a 2 month long course? Does Macromedia have a place to make their code work with Valid CSS?

Bruce Prochnau
BKDesign Solutions