On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:55:48 +1000, Barry Beattie wrote:
> this is the first time I've done anything like this but I'm wondering
> what it takes to display two languages (and therefore two charsets)
> on the same page? - English and German

The lang attibute will probably be useful -
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/dirlang.html
eg

ie define the default language from the page then define the alternate
language for one section of the page.
Bit difficult when your users are split 50-50, but you pretty much need
to pick a core language for the page :(

HIH
Lea
~ done from memory - german is "de", right?
--
Lea de Groot
Elysian Systems - http://elysiansystems.com/