Hi Patrick
That is exactly what I was thinking of. Do you know what the support is for
this statement?

I was thinking of using it to keep a legal disclaimer from being split
between two pages.  I've just had other things to deal with before working
with it more.

Does this answer the original question about cropping?

Ted

> Drake, Ted C.

> I saw an interesting snippet, I think it was on the W3C site. It was a
> conditional comment that kept a section from being cropped by
> a printed
> page. I was just searching trough my old files and can't find
> it right now.
>
> If I remember correctly, it was a rule that said
> @print... #importantsection {avoid break within this block;}

The selector would depend on the structure of the actual HTML, but
assuming you have something like

and you wanted to avoid breaks within the child divs of #content, you
could probably have something like

#content div { page-break-inside: avoid; }

or, more generally if you want to avoid any breaks of any elements (which
could be dangerous, depending on how long the individual elements are)

#content * { page-break-inside: avoid; }

Not tested this, by the way...so I may be talking absolute bobbins ;)

Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk