> Rick Faaberg

> > The beauty of this is that you can include xslt libraries to pretty
> > much rewrite the most horrid html to clean standards based xhtml.
> >
> > The additional bonus of this is that you can rearrange the semantic
> > layout of the html at will using nothing more than xslt.
>
> Before I unsub because you all are way over my head, how do
> you know this?
> Do you just pull it out of your *ss?

Psst...that's part of my everyday methodology. Don't tell anyone, ok?

> I guess I just don't see where this type of info is readily
> available and
> accessible without a lot of pain and reading 100s of websites.
>
> Are there textbooks that cover this stuff? Or does W3C just
> make it up and
> so there never could be a textbook?

I'm a bit puzzled, and I don't see what your problem is. XSLT can be used
to rewrite any type of XML into anything you want. It's a general purpose
way of generating whatever you want. With the right XSLT (and yes, there are
tons of books, articles, etc on this subject...just do a search for XSLT !?)
you can turn XHTML into RSS, HTML 4.01, Atom, plain text...anything at all.

Or am I missing something fundamental in your question? Are you complaining
that the W3C don't explain every single use you can put XSLT to?

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk