Andreas Boehmer [Addictive Media] wrote:

I then thought I should use <input type="image">, but realised that this
doesn't work in all browsers. IE, for example, has got the nasty habbit of
submitting name.x=0&name.y=0 when these kind of buttons are clicked, which
can make it really difficult if you have got multiple buttons in one form
and you wish to detect which of them was clicked.

Maybe I'm missing something, but: why not test for the presence of name.x or name.y at the receiving end then, rather than name? And, if you have multiple buttons, shouldn't it be easy enough to give them different names and test for name1.x or name2.x ?

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com