> Exactly. I was actually thinking the other day, browsers
> should be more like compilers... they should refuse to
> parse incorrect code. Then the enforcement would be
> on the output end, too.

It would be nice, but would only work if -every- browser did it. Otherwise the general opinion would be "This new 'Standards Compliant' browser is broken! Luckilly IE still works."

If you have XHTML, and serve it as application/xml. then in modern browsers you'll get your wish :-)

Of course, you'll have problems with IE as well, regardless of whether it is valid or not. :-/

john

John Allsopp

style master :: css editor :: http://westciv.com/style_master
support forum ::  http://support.westciv.com