Gene Falck wrote:

I understand about using lower case for tags and
attributes in XHTML (leaving content capitalization
unspecified to accommodate a wide range of strings)
but haven't seen anything on those value items that
seem to be relatively frequent and "standard" items.

For instance, I see the following variants in the
capitalization of values:

The Content-Type entry, even though it's a value,
certainly looks standard enough to have a right way
to write it.

Since 'http-equiv' indicates this represents HTTP header information,
you should consult RFC 2616: Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1

Specifically,
   <http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec4.html#sec4.2>

<quote>
4.2 Message Headers

HTTP header fields, which include general-header (section 4.5), request-header (section 5.3), response-header (section 6.2), and entity-header (section 7.1) fields, follow the same generic format as that given in Section 3.1 of RFC 822 [9]. Each header field consists of a name followed by a colon (":") and the field value. Field names are case-insensitive.
</quote>

So it doesn't matter, but as far as "best practice" -- dunno, but my
personal preference would be 'Content-Type'; I just prefer the way it
looks :-)  YMMV!

HTH,
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]