From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christian Montoya
Sent: Monday, 12 September 2005 8:20 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] teaching students developing to web standards

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Transitional pages are full of deprecated HTML 4.0 tags that are not allowed in XHTML 1.1 or 2.0. Strict pages can usually be validated as XHTML 1.1 without any changes. Just read the XHTML specifications for differences between XHTML 1.0 and 1.1. It's about 3 lines.

Strict means the page meets XHTML 1.0 specs completely. Transitional means the page has deprecated tags that are being ignored. It's a very simple difference.

Anyone else concur?

On 9/11/05, dwain alford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Christian Montoya wrote:
> Actually, I forgot about this link too. This is a class at Cornell
> University that teaches XHTML 1.0 Strict. Here's the link:
>
> http://cs130.cs.cornell.edu

as was brought to my attention not too long ago, if your pages are
strict, then the future life of the pages is shortened with any changes
to the xhtml recommendations.  the transitional doctype seems to be a
better choice because it will last longer than the strict doctype.  i
think someone on this list brought this to my attention.

dwain

--
dwain alford
[EMAIL PROTECTED]