From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christian Montoya
Sent: Tuesday, 20 September 2005 2:14 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Disappearing conent in middle column

Are you applying "clear:both;" to these divs?

On 9/20/05, Webmaster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

Another bizarre IE bug. I've searched and searched and can find nothing
suitable to fix this.

The content in the centre column (i.e. the main content) of my site template
disappears on page load. It reappears as soon as you rollover any link, or
drag over the body text itself.

This is a continuation of the same problem I had earlier which someone
recommended would be solved by using a <br /> as a clearing element instead
of a <div>.

Converting DIVs to BRs only resulted in more arcane behaviour. In fact,
clearing floats in the usual fashion generally results in problems.

The problem only seems to occur when the content in the right column exceeds
the height of the centre column.

For those interested the live example is here:

http://d81314.i50.quadrahosting.com.au/layout_test.htm

Any and all suggestions/solutions much appreciated.

Paul

The discussion list for  http://webstandardsgroup.org/