Christian Montoya wrote:

> On 9/25/05, Felix Miata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>      Christian Montoya wrote:

>      > On 9/25/05, Felix Miata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>      >> Now if only someone would tell them to center their
>      layouts!

>      > Why?

>      > Because on wide/large screen (I live at 1280 pixels), left
>      side
>      > layouts are a pain. Considering it takes about two lines
>      of CSS to
>      > center a layout, it should be expected. If these layouts
>      did something
>      > with the white space, I think I could live with it.

>      I live above 1280px, and I'd much rather have one space on
>      either side
>      than smaller straddling spaces:
>      http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/rvlit1.png

> Then we agree to disagree :D

> For you I could understand, but I think centered layouts are better
> for 1024 px viewers seeing a 800 px wide page.

Why different for me than for them? With all the space on one side or
the other, they, like I, have room without obscuring the page for some
useful size window in a single whitespace that they don't have in two
half size whitespaces, like a calculator, or a (gasp) popup window.

> Regardless, If that whole space is something other than white space, I
> don't mind as much. But when I surf, I like websites to be directly in
> front of me... not off to the side.

I don't actually surf fullscreen, and my browser window is normally off
center (to the right). A flush left page will be far closer to center
screen for me than any centered page.
--
"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you."
                                                Psalm 55:22 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/