2005/10/3, Andreas Boehmer [Addictive Media] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> However, using a <h1> for an entire header (top area of a page) I think is a
> misuse of the tag. <h1> is meant for headings, not headers. A "heading", to
> my understanding, is the title of a piece of content and there will be
> generally one individual heading per page. A "header" is the top area of a
> website and actually a markup of layout, not content.

I agree. Also, we have * only * 6 levels of headings w/(X)HTML specs.
I prefer to save level for contents' future expansion/update. From
such a view point. I don't want to use h1 at header in each web page -
mostly I mark up site logo as h1 on top page of site.
--
Kazuhito Kidachi
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]