At 08:32 PM 10/3/2005, Buddy Quaid wrote:
I'm not trying to offend anybody here at all but so many posts about whether or not to use Verdana is just boring.

Boring! Holy smokes, every technical field is boring unless the details happen to fascinate you. Boring isn't an attribute of information, it's an attitude of the perceiver.

I don't read every posting in the web design listserves I belong to, but I'm glad I followed this particular thread because it yielded a gem I value highly when James Bennett wrote:

I've found that the following works
well for providing compatibility to Linux users (and as a full-time
Linux user for a number of years, I can personally attest to its
effectiveness):

Verdana, "Bitstream Vera Sans", "Lucida Sans", sans-serif