On 5 Oct 2005, at 12:50 pm, Kara O'Halloran - Eduka wrote:

Either way I still have the problem of the table cell text either appearing too large in ie, or too small in ff.

Without resorting to setting text size in pixels in my table, I can't find any other way to prevent this from happening, I thought perhaps there might be a hack out there that will pass 0.8em to ie, but not to firefox?

The problem is the table element in IE that doesn't correctly inherits the font-size.
What works for me:
body {font-size: 100%} /* or whatever you want, but in percentages */
table {font-size:1em;} /* makes sure the font-size is inherited in IE, this has to be explicitly specified */

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com/>