Helmut Granda wrote:

> . . .
>
> it seems like FF is loosing terrain, is w3schools accurate?

No they're not, in fact I think there is a note about how they are no
accurate on the page there.

> Or is there
> anyother place that I can check what the general public is using.

There are 3 kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics. While you
might be able to get a bit of an idea from looking at different sources
you should take everything with a grain of salt. Even on the best sites
you probably looking at _at least_ 5% to 10% margin of error, so a
change in 2% is pretty much meaningless.

Rick Faaberg wrote:

> On Mac, I think FF pretty well s*cks

Very true, I've used firefox on my sister's Mac and it's a pig. It was
still better than safari for me because of the extentions and other
stuff I can't live without, but a pig nonetheless. Apparently the've
done a lot to fix that in 1.5, well see.

In my experience Firefox runs a lot better on linux, and even faster on
Windows. A lot of the stuff that firefox does on linux it could really
improve. I think the reason that it's like that is because most of the
main developers use windows and they're trying to appeal to the
mainstream (i.e. Windows users). I assume the case is the same for Mac,
only worse.