Ok.. I've cleared both floated columns by putting a cleared div in
there, but had to add a height to the #innerwrap for it to work.
#innerwrap is there to place the floated columns... necessary? Almost
there, I think. Not one hack yet and this page looks almost identical
in FF and IE.
Am I heading in the right direction?

http://www.megustalatelevision.com/uwish/floattest.html
http://www.megustalatelevision.com/uwish/floattestbase.css