I’m trying to implement a similar thing to Google suggest but have found that the browser’s default autocomplete gets in the way.

The only way I’ve found to override this is to use the non-standard autocomplete=”off” attribute of the input element.

I suspect that if you give the form element a random name (its id could be consistent, for your javascript), then the browser won't ever match anything in its memory and so won't try to autocomplete. Then you just make your server app figure out what name to look for, perhaps with a hidden form field value.

--

    Ben Curtis : webwright
    bivia : a personal web studio