Tried height adjustments (0, 1, 99%) in Safari, but no dice. It seems
as though the padding (needed here) is getting in the way no matter
what. I didn't think that the full-width div color would be so tricky.

I think that I can work my head around Terence's advice on the text
color (Thanks, Terence), but the issue of the div not taking the full
color is bothering me. I've also yet to see what transpires in Win/IE
- so might ask others to check it out once I'm closer to the final
output.