Hi Paul and Russ,

Paul wrote:

And how do you get around the UTF-8 signature or byte order mark (BOM) that
some editors add to the document?

I see you already have some replies on this BOM bit.

For looking over your file format (and also simply
deleting the BOM) you might also try a utility like
XVI32.exe which displays your file character by
character along side the hex values. Anything that
your editor puts before the DOCTYPE will put you
into quirks mode so the BOM (and anything else the
editor inserted at the beginning of the file) can
and probably should be deleted.

I like XVI32 a lot because I don't have a lot of
files to run in batch and I was curious what was
happening.

Regards,

Gene Falck
[EMAIL PROTECTED]