Christian Montoya wrote:
> Tables + tag soup = hacking. Your friend really needs to get with it.
> Validation is not the main issue, it's accessibility. Speed is
> important too. If you can convince him to use CSS (if you can't, you
> have a lot to learn too, or he is dumb) then he will want to get
> browsers out of quirks mode, since that is where the real differences
> show. Then he will have to have a doctype, to make sure that browsers
> (mostly) follow the rules.

I've had the unfortunately task of educating vendors (usually some form
of CMS/DMS) in this area, and some are definitely more resistant to this
than others.

Mentioning the speed gains and legal backing now behind accessibility
law only seems to get some vendors ingrained into a defence of their own
workflow models, though.

Apart from that, I second everything Christian said ;)

Lawrence

--
Lawrence Meckan

Absalom Media