From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Patrick H. Lauke
Sent: Wednesday, 7 December 2005 12:37 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] New logo scheme was talking points for standards

Peter Williams wrote:

> It has to be somehow enforced for it to have value.

And as that's not going to happen, the star rating will be meaningless.
To get back to the energy efficiency analogy, it's a situation where every
fridge manufacturer would be completely free to put an official looking
"most energy efficient fridge EVER!!! actually generates energy and reduces
the greenhouse effect" on their products, and nobody would be able to do
anything about it...leaving the customers more confused than anything else.

--
Patrick H. Lauke
re.dux (adj.): brought back; returned. used postpositively [latin : re-, re-