On 10/12/2005, at 1:20 AM, matt andrews wrote:
Hi Lea,  I completely agree.  Google have somehow developed a blind
spot when it comes to meeting even the basics of current web
standards.  As an exercise, I just threw together a valid version of
the Google Search page:

blog entry:
http://tbp.xomerang.com/?p=18

example page:
http://xomerang.com/testpages/google/validGoogle.html

Hey, cool stuff! :)
I thought about doing that, but decided I didn't have time.
Interestingly, comparing the two pages in
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
shows the original is *slightly* lighter (but I bet you could beat that by removing more carriage returns, same as the original) Hmmm... the javascript isn't there... I wonder if it would add much weight - I wonder if its reused on other pages.
I don't think the comparision is valid without it. :(

Lea
--
Lea de Groot
Elysian Systems