Joseph R. B. Taylor wrote: Guys and Gals,

I have just switched my site to a fluid layout vs. the old 750 pixels wide approach.  I have also changed all my font sizes to em's to adjust as needed.

Can people in mac and linux take a glance to make sure all is well for me?

Thanks,

Joe Taylor
http://sitesbyjoe.com

Joe, The site "looks" ok  but I have a few of comments:
  1. Why are you using a transitional doctype? What elements or deprecated attributes are you using that require this?
  2. Why are you using "<p>&nbsp</p> for spacing? There are ways to create white space etc. without using unsemantic markup? How about adding the padding or margin to a class relating to the content that requires the extra space before or after.
  3. Why are you using spans to achieve what could and probably should be accomplished using an <h1>, <h2>, or <h3> element? Specifically, you are using a span to style the larger text of the article titles. You are also using spans for the article date where you could use the classes on paragraphs.
All the best,

Jay

BTW: My own site is not perfect so go ahead and rip it apart. When I finish my next few projects I will be revamping it.

Jay Gilmore
Developer/Consultant
Affordable Websites and Marketing Solutions for Real Small Business.
SmashingRed Web & Marketing
P) 902.529.0651
E) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The discussion list for  http://webstandardsgroup.org/