On 12/12/05, morten fjellman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi.
> I have used the following code for a couple of years now, and have never had
> any problems with it.
>
> <object
>  ...snip...
>           </object>
>
> The width, height and path to the swf are just example values. Same with the
> Error text.

That's almost identical to what I use for a java applet here:
http://www.christianmontoya.com/projects/korai/

The whole issue is that IE understands the object tag, just a
different form of it. The downlevel conditional comment for IE makes
sure all the other browsers get the right one. I'm pretty sure the
technique works great across all browsers, tested on IE 6, FF, and
Opera.

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... rdpdesign.com ... cssliquid.com