Makes good sense to me. Otherwise why stop at acronym? Next thing you'd have tags for slang, idiom, abstract, outline, summary...the list goes on. What we're trying to do is display a descriptive meaning.

All this should be achived by way of a single attribute to a tag. I still don't see why alt hasn't been implemeted across the board for this purpose.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James O'Neill
Sent: Wednesday, 14 December 2005 12:40 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Abbreviations and Acronyms

As far as I am aware acronym is deprecated in XHTML 2.0 in favor of abbr? Here is an article on it from Lars Holst which dates back to 2003, but I think that it is still very relevant.

http://larsholst.info/blog/index.php?p=14&more=1#more14

--
______________________________________
"Bugs are, by definition, necessary.

www.co.sauk.wi.us (Work)
www.arionshome.com (Personal)
www.freexenon.com (Consulting)
______________________________________
Take Back the Web with Mozilla Fire Fox
http://www.getfirefox.com

Making a Commercial Case for Adopting Web Standards
http://www.maccaws.org/

Web Standards Project
http://www.webstandards.org/

Web Standards Group