On Dec 14, 2005, at 3:10 PM, Rebecca Cox wrote:

Will this also prevent the alt text from being available in say the JAWS screen reader, (which uses Internet Explorer), when the user has javascript enabled?

Or is it just the tooltip behaviour not the alt content which is removed by the htc ?

The alt text is removed from the element if the image is loaded. It's a very simple htc that runs this code for each image after the page loads:

        if (element.complete) element.alt = '';

You attach it to the img selector in your css, or a more specific selector if you don't want all images to be affected.

I would assume that the blind have their browsers set to not load images. I may be dreadfully wrong in that assumption, but if the images don't load then this code has no effect and the alt text remains.

--

    Ben Curtis : webwright
    bivia : a personal web studio