On 5 Jan 2006, at 4:54 PM, Vicki Berry wrote:
Forget about using lists - clauses are *not* list items
They're not? But ok, I've forgotten about using lists. :-)

I guess you could argue that it's a list of clauses ;-) but no, the numbering has a very specific meaning that needs to be maintained. It's similar to how you would not mark an entire document up as a list if it had numbered headings.

I believe it is a layout table
Actually I do think it should be a data table.
I would argue that 'item' is not much of a header - it's kinda self evident once you get past the caption. Try my one-second test for layout vs. data tables which goes like this: "Would I put this table into a spreadsheet?" If you answer no, then it is most likely a layout table.

Ultimately your call though Vicki.

kind regards
Terrence Wood.