Hi Lynne,

Thanks for your comments.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it 'is' sent as text/html - that's the point. OK, it does say that it is application/xhtml+xml in the meta tag, but that is just ignored when it's sent with the correct mime type. Also, try as I might, I can't get it to be invalid when using the w3c checker. . .

??????

If I'm missing something here, perhaps one of our learned colleagues will tell me?
--
Best Regards,

Bob McClelland

Cornwall (UK)
www.gwelanmor-internet.co.uk

Lynne Pope wrote:

I didn't want my first contribution to the group to be a comment on another person's website, but as you said you are learning Bob I thought you might find this helpful. The problem with browser sniffing is that you have to be very careful to serve the right information. At the moment, your site does not validate for css or for HTML 4.01. In IE, your site shows <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="application/xhtml+xml; It needs to be sent with the "text/html" mime type. A little tweak to your php code and you will have it nailed ;)

Regards,
Lynne