From: "Thierry Koblentz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [WSG] CSS or JavaScript flyout menu

Taco Fleur - Pacific Fox wrote:
I had a look at Suckerfish Dropdowns but it seems to go only one
level deep, I need several levels deep.

Because of usability/accessibility issues it creates, I would not go with a
CSS solution if more than one level deep is needed.
Also, I would not use "display:none" to hide the nested ULs unless you don't
care of hiding these links from assistive devices.

Sometimes it can be good to hide the sub-menus. It depends on how the site is structured and one's goals.
http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/accessibility/pop_integrated/index.htm

--
Al Sparber
PVII

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".