Just to answer some of the points made thus far …

The large background image, which has been rendered too lightly, as well as the sign in button, the lock image, and the nav buttons, which render correctly (ie, more darkly) were all saved from the same file using the same settings.  And I have tried resaving them all more than once to make triple sure!

The images which are the culprits are all jpgs, not pngs.  Originally they were some jpg and some gif and I thought that might be the problem so I changed them all to jpg but that didn’t solve anything.

The fact that the screenshot is a png has nothing to do with the issue … it’s just a screenshot.

Most importantly though, this is not an issue of colors rendering differently across various browsers IN GENERAL, but rather an issue of Safar rendering different images which were sliced up from the same original image differently FROM EACH OTHER.  So in Safari images lying next to each other do not flow seamlessly as they do in the other browsers (on both mac and pc).

Thanks so much for your help!!

Mani Sheriar
Founder, Sheriar Designs
www.ManiSheriar.com  | 925.914.0741