Is it? I'm using AHAH (H = HTML, as opposed to XML) to dynamically
retrieve some content and innerHTML seems infinitely more sensible:
the content being pulled in has an indeterminate number of paragraphs,
so short of parsing the incoming document for paragraphs, recreating
elements, and setting the text nodes to the contents of the paragraph
elements in the first place, using DOM JavaScript seems... not
particularly sensible, from a client-side performance perspective (nor
from a JS code complexity perspective).

innerHTML doesn't work with XHTML, etc,. I know... and it's not a DOM
method... but do people consider it okay to use when it seems
otherwise impractical to use "standard" methods?

Regards,
Josh