I remember seeing one test on the @media "handheld"  support and found it:

http://htmldog.com/ptg/archives/000055.php
and a conclusion at http://www.htmldog.com/ptg/archives/000056.php

I guess the main issue still is that "sizable chunk of mobile browser share (Pocket IE) also apply styles that are supposed to be specific to the "screen" media type.".

I need to do some stuff for mobile later this year as well, and so far I'm planning to send mobiles different pages than desktop browsers. Also it's not that easy to make content that works on sooo different resolutions AND you should remember that the connection speed of a mobile is usually slow e.g. sending lot of content that is hidden using stylesheets seems like a waste.

I think that it depends on the type of content you have... articles and blogs etc. could probably be sent the same to all browsers, while more of an "application" still will need different versions.

Miika

On 1/26/06, Nic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  So it seems advantageous serving the same style for print and handheld?

Ahhh, no.  I wouldn't go that far.  Print styles often drop menus entirely,
which you need to keep for your handheld.  I also tend to drop background
images and other superfluous images in print, whereas you may want to use
*some* images in your handheld styles (and no, I'm not contradicting myself
;) )

Cheers

Nic

The discussion list for  http://webstandardsgroup.org/