Kat wrote:
In the AustralianIT there is an article about the new redesign of the Sunbeam website (www.sunbeam.com.au). I looked it up and it seems to fit Joe Clark's description of a Failed Redesign. http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,17957834%5E24169%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html

Yes, it certainly does. There's some hilarious mistakes in there, like intentionally choosing a DOCTYPE that triggers quirks mode, intentionally using JavaScript1.2, and even sticking a <style> element within a table?!

My question is: is web-standards really considered a part of the professionalism of web people considering that even the IT media (AustralianIT) ignores this aspect?

It is among those who truly are web professionals. AustralianIT aren't web professionals, they're reporters and they don't seem very interested in the web, let alone web standards communities.

Maybe there is a member of Clear Blue Day here...

I almost applied for a job with Clear Blue Day about 2 years ago, but their job application required me do download a zip file with pre-sliced images and a screenshot of the final page and was asked to build it. It was obvious that the images were sliced in a way most suited to table based layouts and even included a spacer gif. So, I decided not to bother with them.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/