White Ash wrote:
There's a gap at the top of the page in Firefox & Opera, but not in IE. I would like that gap to go away!

Then in Firefox & Opera, the navigation comes down a bit, and I actually like that!

How to get the best of both worlds??!!

http://www.frozenblues.com/cbmurphy/index02.php

Adding something like:

div#container,div#banner {padding-top: 1px;}
#navlist {margin-top: 10px;}
h1 {margin-top: -10px; max-width: 400px;}

...shouldn't be too far off.
Those padding-top prevent collapsing margins, and the margins are then
defined to position correctly across browser-land.

Adjust those margins to taste, and check for unwanted
overlapping/breaking when font-resizing is applied.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no