Drew Whitworth said:

It does strike me though that the best response of the original poster
might have been a polite e-mail to me about it (which to be fair some
other posters did do) rather than ranting on a private list about how
terrible it all is. All the latter does is exacerbate the appearance of
WSG and similar fora as being cliquey. But that is by the by. The
feedback has been noted.

==

Drew, I am sorry that the nature of my original post came across in such
an arrogant and ranty manner. That was not my attention, and I unfairly
picked on your documentation rather than widening my rant to all
organisations unwilling to move with the times - and that's not just
academia, but commerce, industry and business in general.

However I'm glad the the post started such an interesting discussion,
and I hope that in the future a) the good things that are happening will
continue to happen and b) I will learn to keep my big gob shut :0)

Regards

Chris Taylor
www.stillbreathing.co.uk