I am in awe!  I'm yet to score a commercial excuse to implement an AJAX solution, but I've been playing around with scriptaculous and other frameworks.  This offering from Yahoo is just amazing and looks to provide yet more functionality.  I'm sure this will be appreciated by everyone who is lucky enough to use it!

Thanks, Miles.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ted Drake
Sent: Wednesday, 15 February 2006 4:28 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] new yahoo user interface library

Hi All

As you may know, Yahoo has been hiring some very talented web developers over the past year, not to mention purchasing great companies like flickr and de.licio.us.

Now, they have opened that wealth of talent to you for free. Yes, I’m pimping my bosses. But seriously, this is really good stuff. They’ve released an open-source platform of standards-based code snippets and best-practices.  Many of these are similar to other projects out there. However, Yahoo has taken the time to make sure they scale to millions of hits and pass privacy scrutiny (now stop typing the China related snickering), I’m talking about making sure there are no memory leaks or possibly passing along less that secure protocols. Further, the library discusses the JSON data transfer protocol.

So, enough of the sales pitch (I had nothing to do with this project.. but I plan on using it!) visit the http://www.yuiblog.com/ yahoo user interface blog and learn how to use these advanced programming techniques.

Ted Drake

Front-end Engineer

Yahoo! Tech

IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or confidential information. If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose its contents to any other party.

This email represents the views of the individual sender, which do not necessarily reflect those of education.au limited except where the sender expressly states otherwise.

It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it for viruses or any other defects.

education.au limited will not be liable for any loss, damage or consequence caused directly or indirectly by this email.