Bert Doorn wrote:

> To use similarly strong wording, I sense an utterly erroneous presumpton
> that the designer knows best what suits people they have never met.

A Designer gets paid to understand their audience.

The vast majority of users, even those working in high-tech firms
here in Silicon Valley, *never* change *any* settings -- of the OS
or any applications -- from the supplied defaults.

Imagining that the situation is different for browsers is simply
delusional.

To ignore the fact that the most common browser has crap defaults
and minimal resizing capability is to abdicate your responsibilities
as a Designer.

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                opinion: webtuitive.blogspot.com