As someone else has already said, they are only warnings. However, if you are pushing standards to clients and they view the results, it is a good idea to have no warnings or errors. Best way around this I have found is to use background-color: inherit; and the warning will be removed.

Regards,

Ric

Soeren Mordhorst wrote:

I feel good when a validation-program could not find any failures,
cause it gives me a secure feeling that at least the basics of standards are complied. But how important is the validation with tools like hera or the w3c-validators realy?
Let's take an example:
After a CSS-validation made by w3c there appears the result:"You have no background-color with your color : h1". In this case my question would be: Why should I define a background-color, if the background-color
that should be used is already defined in the body-element?

All the best,

Soeren