To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] Re: Website Directory Structure - Best Practice

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
Never delete them!  Since "Cool URIs don't change",
no document should ever be deleted

Lachlan, I'd hate to think that you are giving advice based on an article you've read or from the practice of operating a personal blog. So I am going to assume that you are basing your advice on years of experience in managing large Web sites with hundreds of staff content contributors. So, before we all remove the "Delete" button in our content management systems, can you please let us know on which projects you have successfully applied the principle of "no document should ever be deleted"?

Regards,
-Vlad
http://xstandard.com