Best practice would be to avoid <noscript> where at all possible.
Start by assuming that the user does not have JavaScript enabled, so
that the simple version is part of the content, then use JavaScript to
hide or modify this to show your enhanced version.

I'm curious if you'd (both singular and plural) be against my recent
use of noscript.  I have a web app that has a toolbar across the top.
While editing information using this app, the toolbar contains "Save"
and "Cancel" buttons.  However, the form is below the toolbar.  I have
unobtrusive javascript use DOM to create the Save button, and then at
the bottom of the form, i have a normal submit button inside a
noscript.  So if javascript is enabled, you get the Save button in the
toolbar where it would be expected, and if not, it gracefully degrades
to having a standard submit button in the form.  I figured this would
be the most accessible option

The only other option I could think of would be to use DOM to remove
the normal submit button when the Save button is created, but would
there be any benefit to doing that over using noscript?