I'm curious to know what members of this group think about this. Should this
be considered tabular data or not?
Do you consider a table the best tool to mark this up? Or at least as good
as anything else?

I think a definition list fits better, even though it's a slight abuse
of DL it does basically "define" each title as the person in it
(better than the other way around I guess ;)).

That said, I can see it as a table too - just a really simple one.
Tabular data with just one row of data, so to speak. I'd really lean
towards setting it up with two headings: position and name.

It does end up being a bit of a "gut feel" thing though. A bit like
"can a list have just one item"? Sort of... not much of a list, but is
it invalid? Probably not, particularly if there's an expectation of
adding more items.

cheers,

Ben

--
--- <http://www.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not