Bob Schwartz wrote:

How and why did the web get singled out from among all of the other "publishing" mediums to be "by law" accessible?

Oh please. Honestly, aren't we just *beyond* this.

One of the really really REALLY cool things about HTML is that the same HTML can be used in many ways. Presented onscreen for reading. Processed by software for reading aloud, or display in braille.

You, as a developer, really don't need to do much more than write good, accessible HTML. Which, with all we know in 2007, ain't hard.

Stop griping, embrace the potential of the medium and, most of all, have some pride in the quality[1] of your work.

Mike
- yes, I know, I'm no doubt feeding trolls.

[1] - <http://www.andyrutledge.com/web-standards.php>