Barney Carroll wrote:

> Meaningless under certain definitions but completely harmless. Besides,
> an empty cell is already meaningless.

Excuse me? In any DB (or programming language) I use, a null value
is *not* equal or equivalent to a space character.

> In any case it's certainly unambiguous and processable by csv.

It might be visually inconsequential, but if the displayed table is
intended to be imported into some other application, then I'd say
it's definitely important not to introduce fabricated content solely
for display purposes.

YMMV,
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]