I agree w/ Paul + alt/title tags
Andrew

109B SE 4th Av
Gainesville
FL 32601

Cell: 352-870-6661

http://www.andrewmaben.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"In a well designed user interface, the user should not need instructions."

On Mar 17, 2007, at 3:44 PM, Paul Novitski wrote:

At 3/17/2007 07:27 AM, Lee Powell wrote:
I was wondering what the general consensus was on whether the main
logo on a site should always be a link back to the home page. Is this
a general 'rule of thumb' or do many tend not to do this?

We routinely link the logo to the home page, and we also include an explicit home page link in the navigation menu. The redundancy of having two home page links seems like a pedantic concern and much less onerous than either of the alternatives: having a linkless logo or omitting home from the nav menu, both of which can produce both client and user complaints.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Novitski
Juniper Webcraft Ltd.