> I'm hoping to redo my site after the old one has become a couple years
> stale.  New logo too.  Don't want anything messed up appearing before
> committing to the change. I'm sure you understand.
>
> http://sitesbyjoe.foodzoomer.com/homepage.htm
>
> Give it a shot and respond off-list if this is too off-topic.  On the
> other hand, getting this layout ripped apart could be good list
> reading.  Hopefully it won't be ripped apart, but there are plenty of
> untested browsers out there, especially you linux and mac users.

Looks nice.
FWIW, I'm not for limiting the width of an em-based layout to the window's
width. I'd keep this behavior and may be implement a zoom layout to make
everybody happy.
As a side note, there is a serious issue in some old browsers with centered
elastic (em-based) layouts, but it is easy to prevent:
http://www.tjkdesign.com/articles/em-based_layout_bug.asp

---
Regards,
Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com