trying again - this never arrived!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: equal height columns
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:42:04 +0100
From: Designer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org

Hi all,

I need some javascript/DOM help in setting a CSS height.  I've got a div
called grid and two columns inside that div  (left and right).  I have a
standards version which works fine using display : table and display :
table-cell, but for IE I want to put a conditional comment in which will
float the columns.  In addition, I'd like to use the grid.offset.height
and set all divs to that height by defining #grid div. I've tried
putting a figure (in pixels) for the height of #grid div, and that
solves the problem, but I don't want to have to know the height, I want
the page to work it out for itself.    I've tried this:

<!--[if IE]>
        #grid div {height : expression( parseint(grid.offset.height)+"px")}
        .left{float : left; }
        .right{float : right;}
<![endif]-->

It doesn't work!  Anyone know the answer?

Many thanks.

--
Bob

www.gwelanmor-internet.co.uk